Monday, May 16, 2011

People You Should Know: Rai Monique

I met this Style Maven a few years ago at a friend's birthday dinner. She was as sweet as a strawberry now-n-later and her style was impeccable. Usually when you meet a pretty girl their attitude sucks but Ms. Rai was so humble and genuine. Even when I text her for style ideas, she happily answers any questions. Her dedication to her craft is breath taking and motivating. So, when I decided to add a new segment to this blog, she was the first person that came to mind. Please support this sister in her pursuit of fashion domination.



Bio:

Rai Monique established the Essence of Style to provide her eye for fashion to those in the entertainment and artistic world.

Rai Monique was born in the cultured and eclectic city of Washington D.C. Though she began her life's journey in D.C. she was raised in various cities across the country. Her diverse upbringing in a Ghanian and Afro-American household caused her to have a greater awareness and love for all things beautiful. In a household where image and the way in which one carries themselves was held to a high priority she learned at a young age how to piece garments together so that one would look their best. Learning skills from her grandmother, a seamstress, she was taught to pay attention to detail and the way in which clothing was assembled. As she grew her infatuation with hip-hop and the arts influenced her style. She relates to the passion of many artists and musicians in the hip-hop and underground world. Rai Monique has found a way to combine her love for music, art, fashion, and expression of one's self by establishing the Essence of Style.

Resume of Work:

Fashion contributor for: www.heelsandhightops, www.daily-pearls.com, Mash Magazine

Additional Info: I am a lover of fashion first. I have an appreciation for the art of fashion and styling. My appreciation is expressed through the images I create when styling. It is also expressed through my words when I write about fashion events, news, and others. I am continually building my portfolio, building my network all while doing what I love.

Fees: discussed per project.
Contact and Portfolio: www.theessenceofstyle.com lrai@theessenceofstyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment