Saturday, April 16, 2011

Just Because vs Just Because

There comes a point in your life when following the crowd becomes a thing of the past and voicing your opinion is the thing of the present and your future. The beginning of doing things "JUST BECAUSE" instead of "JUST BECAUSE". Confused? I know. So let me explain. Someone hit me up on twitter asking me to vote for their blog. I informed her that I needed to check out the blog first before I voted. Now, I am all for supporting my peoples but I will not lend my voice to something that I don't believe in or have any substance of any sorts. The woman I am becoming will not allow me to be apart of the in crowd. I want to live and think outside of the box. No longer will I do things "JUST BECAUSE". "JUST BECAUSE", what you ask?

"JUST BECAUSE"...I want to be liked
"JUST BECAUSE"....You are black
"JUST BECAUSE"...I want girl power
"JUST BECAUSE"...You asked

If I want to do something, I want to do it because I want to not because it was force down my throat. Folks tend to forget the power of free will. The product needs to fit into my world. It needs to be beneficial to the community. It needs to come from a pure place. If I lend my blog, voice, Facebook page, Twitter Timeline to something it will be on the bases of realness. So, when I do something "JUST BECAUSE" it will be because Charvass feels a great deal about the product. Again, let me explain.

"JUST BECAUSE"...It fits into my world.
"JUST BECAUSE"...I believe in the brand and the person
"JUST BECAUSE"...I support honesty and integrity
"JUST BECAUSE"...You have been a factor in my growth as a woman
"JUST BECAUSE"...Hell, because I want to!

So, I will not do something "JUST BECAUSE" you asked and want me to be on some "POWER TO THE PEOPLE" bull. Doing something "JUST BECAUSE" has to come from an honest place like a husband sending his wife flowers "JUST BECAUSE". Come to think about it, the ones asking me to do something "JUST BECAUSE" hasn't supported me in a damn thing. So, hell no I am not going to do it "JUST BECAUSE".

1 comment:

  1. I AGREE! Plus, they'll find someone else to do it if need be.

    ReplyDelete